Saturday, March 27, 2010

New Projects!

In the past few days, I have wrapped up a couple of things I was working on and started a few others.  I am gearing up for the PSU Earth Day festival by making a ton of coffee wraps and soapy holders - they are cheap, and this is an event at a college...

However, I did just finish a super pretty baby blanket - on size 50 needles - took all of about 4 hours, including the weaving in of the ends.  I like it, as I am not a huge fan of pastels on any kid, and this orange and green combo is pretty sweet looking...  It isn't overly huge at 30"x33" but, it is a great size for a stroller.  One of the problems I always had was I didn't want the kids to be cold, but at the same time, I didn't want the blankets draping on the ground either.  I found the pattern on Lion Brand, and I had a bunch of Homespun I wanted to use up, since Michael's had a massive sale and I bought a ton a few months ago.

Detail of the colors - not only is it green and orange, but it also increases and decreases in the intensity of each shade.

Close up of the edging detail... I like using yarn overs to make a built in interest detail.


All pretty and folded up - ready for gifting!  I also made the wrapping cord as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read your comments... all of them, so that is why I like to moderate! :) Thanks for understanding!