Tuesday, November 30, 2010

That Ravelry Account

I went on Ravelry today with the intent of updating and adding some projects that have been done for a while.  I added one.  One.  I had about 15 (at least) to add.  Instead, I wound up playing around, looking at other people's finished objects, works in progress, seeing how many people had made the patterns that I had posted...


On that note, congrats to Ravelry, which was voted best social media site... at this point, over a million fiber freaks can't be wrong!  Although there are many different types of social media that I belong to, both personally as well as through my Kusala venture (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Blogs, Etsypreneur - which is new, and really cool), the reason that I enjoy Ravelry is that it is basically one stop shopping.  Yes, while there are links to blogs, Etsy sites, etc., everything is conveniently located in one spot.

I will do more later about social media in general, but for now... off to work on those slippers... you know, that pattern that I also bought while on Ravelry.com today.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read your comments... all of them, so that is why I like to moderate! :) Thanks for understanding!