Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Crocheting for Clients, Part 1

I'm a newbie to the world of crochet, I'm not going to lie.  One of the things that I LOOOOOOVE (and I'm sure I've said this many times) is how quickly things work up. So, when a repeat client wanted hats for her daughters, I suggested that I crochet them instead of knitting them.  It would go faster, and it would also be a great break for my hands too.

This was an original customization (if that makes any sense at all) of a hat pattern from Lion Brand.  I took the basic pattern for the Worms in the Grass hat, added earflaps and also kitty ears - two triangles, one brown and one pink, as well as a bow to distinguish the two hats from each other.  This is how they came out...

Delilah sporting her new hat and foldover mitts...
I think for a pattern I created off the top of my head, they came out pretty darn cute!!  The cute kid modeling them doesn't hurt matters either... :)  If you're interested in the pattern that I used, leave a comment below and I will write up the mods that I made to the Lion Brand pattern. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I would love to see your pattern for it.

    ReplyDelete

I want to read your comments... all of them, so that is why I like to moderate! :) Thanks for understanding!