Wednesday, August 25, 2010

An Interesting Client Query

This past week has been insanely (but good) busy.  My hands are tired, my head is swimming with projects I need to get done in the next week, and some patterns that I want to put up, and in the midst of all this, one of my clients asked me an interesting question:

"What exactly is Kusala Knitworks out there?  Is it just you?  Do you have a store?"

Sadly, no, no store.  And it's just me... knitting away in front of the computer, or listening to some of the podcasts from howstuffworks.com (these guys are seriously great... I haven't heard a single podcast from them that I haven't liked yet!)

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, I live in a city that is alive and thriving with artists and artisans, as well as general all around crafty types.  I would love to have some of my kids accessories (like the little learning to walk socks) in some of the children's boutiques, and some of my knitting notions maybe featured in some of the yarn shops... (hear ye, hear ye, Portland shop owners!)  That being said, the competition around here is pretty cutthroat and unless you know someone...

Right now, I'm content with building a brand that is known for being willing to customize items for clients, whether it be size, shape, or color; as well as being known for great service and quality, regardless of the type of yarn they choose.  Every piece should have the same attention to detail - whether the yarn is a $4.50 ball from JoAnn or a $14.50 skein of sock yarn from Knit Purl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to read your comments... all of them, so that is why I like to moderate! :) Thanks for understanding!